Got the heel flap done and turned, and the first repeat of the pattern on the foot (which begins the gusset)
They please me. The yarn is a String Theory Colorworks yarn. I had to look up the colorway as I'd misplaced the ballband - the colorway is Diode and my order from it (still in cached e-mails) is that it was Continuum, which is merino and nylon, with a little cashmere.
The pattern is from the "Collection of Columns" set of sock recipes by Nancy Wheeler, this one is "little lace arrows" but there are a lot of nice ones in there, I might try one of the small cable ones in the future with another stripey yarn.
I will note I did an extra row on the heel (33 rather than 32) because I started on a purl row and wanted to end ready to start a right side row, to make the turn a little simpler. As a result, I needed to pick up 18 stitches on each side of the heel flap (These notes are mostly for me, so I remember when I make the second sock)
***
Things are slowly getting back to normal; most of the classroom computers are okay, they fixed the airconditioning in the one lecture room I'm in (it was out on Monday). The air conditioning in the labs won't be back for quite a while but we're trying to cope. I don't love it; the heat index outside today was 115 for a while, which gets dangerous for a lot of people.

No comments:
Post a Comment