Thursday, September 19, 2024

Another long week

 Hoping to get some knitting in once I complete piano practice and eat.

* I did schedule my covid booster for tomorrow after class. I am really hoping I DON'T have a strong reaction and could maybe run to JoAnn's just for fun tomorrow (Also I need to get to Target some time again). I did stock up on food yesterday afternoon locally in case I don't feel up to going out. 

I mean, yeah I get that it's really important and also to work my flu shot and second shingles shot in I have to get this one now, but I will admit I resent that my life is such that I may wind up giving up some of my limited free time for something like feeling lousy after a shot.

I don't even have anyone around to tell me I'm a "poor baby" and offer to make food for me! I just have to keep on trucking no matter how bad I feel!

* I didn't feel good yesterday. I tweaked my knee somehow or something (or it was the extreme humidity, or walking on rough terrain to teach lab yesterday, or who knows what) and when I got home I was REALLY hurting. And emotionally I needed comfort, it was just a hard day and I found out we still don't know where I can store my ecology lab stuff so I can't start slowly moving it over to whereever it will need to go; I'll have to do it later. And I did go to wal-mart, I needed a couple things there that I can't get elsewhere and it was really unpleasant (loud pushy people, a couple having an argument, the line I got in to do self-checkout shutting down fully when the woman ahead of me had a problem....)

So I needed comfort, both physical and emotional


those are a couple more recent stuffies. Socks and Muffin Heeler (the baby cousins of Bluey and Bingo) are sitting on the tea towel that's wrapping the ice pack I had and a "baby Garfield" (apparently there's some new movie, and I certainly won't go but the stuffie is cute and he is very soft, so)

I felt some better today. But there just is too much in the world right now that's distressing and aggravating.

* Part of the reason I had to make the trek out there was I volunteered to bring snacks for the grief support group the minister runs. Most of us don't attend (don't have recent grief and I think I've recovered as much as I will from losing my dad) but we do support it by providing snacks. (I got fruit and a cheese plate; he had mentioned to me one of the members was diabetic because he knows I like to bake, as a gentle hint). At least I was able to drop that off last night, saving me from doing it today

* I didn't get home today until 5 (after being up on campus before 8) because I wrote an exam for next week and also had to prepare conditional probability and Bayes' theorem for tomorrow, and those are always hard; conditional probability kind of breaks my brain so I have to have it really well written out in my notes so I don't mess it up.

* Still really wanting to start a new project but also telling myself I have like ten projects in various stages of completion.

I wish there were something nice and absorbing on tv tonight (instead of re-runs or "game shows at night" or "Big Brother" - does anyone actually LIKE that or is it just so cheap to make they keep showing it like three nights a week?).

Maybe I just see if there's something on BBC Radio 4 - I have the app on my phone and can listen.

It's easier for me to work on the "boring" things (like the all garter stitch blanket) if I have something else to pay attention to; lace is better when I'm not tired and also don't want to concentrate on something else.

*I am reserving the right to get a pizza or bbq carry out tomorrow night depending on how I feel after the vaccination.

No comments: