Monday, September 23, 2024

a color change

 I've been knitting on the blanket; it's beginning to feel like it might actually be finished some time.

I got excited because the peachy orange color looked like it was running down and was about to change to the pink.

Well, I found out why


gosh darn it.

You have to either cut or unpick these, and do a join - you can't trust knots to stay knotted, and also, they make a lump.

But I did get the color change to go


Just a row or two of the pink, but at least it's a different color. 

***

I did get out this weekend. I had a sore arm from the vaccine but that seemed like all. (Though today I've had some hives on my hands and feet, and have been more tired than I normally would be) 

But Saturday was okay.

I needed a set of new cotton sheets (the microfiber ones are still too warm right now) and I happened to spot these at Target


 They're from the Pillowfort line, which is aimed at kids, but they carry them in a "full" (double) bed size, so I bought them. They're decent quality for the price, and I like the design - insects and one snake (I thought it was a worm at first but there's a clear head and eyes, so it's something like a rough earth snake). 

And anyway: if you're sleeping alone, why not have the sheets you want?

I also bought a couple books; a leaflet on learning Tunisian crochet (I still want to) and a copy of a book called The Creative Act: a Way of Being. The books were on sale at JoAnn's and even if I get annoyed at The Creative Act, it may still have been worth trying - with books like this I find either there are some nuggets of wisdom I can use, or I wind up rolling my eyes at them because they get too "woo." 

But I haven't felt very creative of late and maybe I need to change my thinking about it, or something.

No comments: