Saturday, June 29, 2024

sometimes I love the Internet

 Back during the pandemic, I used the "OG" "Lofi Beats to Study To" channel as a way of getting background noise that didn't intrude too much on my thoughts, it made me feel less lonely:


I still sometimes put it on but of late, because it's been hot and dry here, I use a "Rainy Summer Day in Japan" music page:


But just the other day, I learned of the existence of this one:


I love this on several levels. First, it just amuses me in that it's a parody of lofi girl, except it's a monk in his scriptorium (?). But also - I get the sense the maker of the page is not mocking Catholicism (and likely is Catholic themselves) because they say "Pax et bonum" in the information about the page. 

And I don't know. Some things on the internet can be amusing and NICE at the same time, and wish their participants well. 

I joked on Bluesky: 'If I listen to this while doing prep reading for the updates I'm doing to a couple classes, will it bless my teaching in the fall' and honestly? I hope so.

No comments: