Thursday, June 20, 2024

And some socks

 I had been working on these striping, modified-feather-and-fan socks for quite a while. I finally finished them over my May break.

 

The yarn is a String Theory Colorworks; one of the ones with a little stellina in it to make it sparkle. It  doesn't show up all that well in photos


I tried, but couldn't get them to match perfectly, I don't know if my gauge change or if I left out a repeat or what.


And these are the new socks. They call the yarn weight DK, but I've been treating it like a sport weight (which is ever so slightly thinner). 

I also used a stitch pattern out of Sensational Knitted Socks for these; it's a simple ribbing pattern - one row of k2 p2, and then a second row of plain knit. It's a little more interesting than just ribbing, though I did mess up a row (doing two rows of plain knitting) and it bothered me sufficiently that I picked it back ("unknitting") to the point where the mistake was, and then picked back up.

It's an odd color combination but I kind of like it:

I have about eight rows left on the heel flap here. I'm using an eye of partridge heel, and I'm knitting these on 56 stitches (instead of the 64 I usually use with sockweight yarn - heavier yarn means fewer stitches)

No comments: