Wednesday, May 01, 2024

still knitting sleeve

 I added a few more rows to the second sleeve, but it's still not quite done. I think I have about six more, and then two plain rows, and then the cuff


I'll have to do the front bands, but this is a sweater designed to just hang open, so there are no button bands to worry about. 

I'm HOPING it fits okay; the sleeves look small to me but the thermal stitch is very stretchy. 

I'm not sure what project will be next; I might wind off the cream-colored shawl yarn I bought last time I was at Quixotic Fibers and look up the Japanese stitch I wanted to use for the shawl. I think I am going to base it on the the Bird's Nest shawl by Cheryl Oberle - about the same size, and I'll use the wide garter stitch bands to set the pattern off (and prevent curling).. But the lace pattern will be different.

 I HAVE a "Bird's Nest" shawl (I used a camel yarn rather than the cashmere called for), it's one of my favorite shawls I knit because it's a good size and the neutral color (mine is tan) goes well with many things

I finished it in 2009, so fifteen years ago, but here it is. (And wow, I look so much younger in that photo)

 




No comments: