Tuesday, June 06, 2023

the afternoon's work

 I ran home around 3:30 pm to haul the brush to the curb. I had hoped to cut a bunch more, but it was very humid/oppressive (we have poor air quality - high ozone, and there are some fires in Texas we're dealing with smoke from ) and I started having breathing difficulty so I just cut a few more things in the side yard and trimmed around the yaupon hollies before going in.


It's a big pile but not quite as tall as I am. It's about half the brush I need to cut in the yard.

The city is supposed to come and pick it up tomorrow, I called last week to get on the list. They only pick up this kind of waste once a month, which makes it difficult. You can haul stuff to the dump yourself but you have to pay by weight; this is free as long as you get on the list.

***

And another finished thing. This is Amanda Berry's "Great White Shark" pattern. The main body yarn is (if I remember correctly) a Hometown USA yarn (Lion Brand) and the belly and mouth are some random scraps I had up at my mom's


There are funny derpy little teeth (that you sew on at the end) that are made with what are essentially picots. I think I overstuffed the mouth and his mouth kind of gapes.

I named him Bruno.





1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

Air in ALB (and pretty much from at least Delaware to Maine) is terrible because of massive forest fires in Nova Scotia.