Thursday, December 01, 2022

week in pictures

 First up - these are the socks I finished over break



It's one of last-year's KnitPicks Felici colorways, called "Dragon Boat." I presume: inspired by the Chinese festival, though the yarn also looks somewhat Christmasy. 

Speaking of Christmas yarn - my little treat from Quixotic Fibers came today. A skein of WYS "Gingerbread" Christmas sock yarn, and another one (Called Peacock)


I also finished the gift hat (The party with the gift exchange is next week, so it should have time to dry well from the wet blocking I'm doing here):


It's the "Long Leaf Beanie" from Weekend Hats. I knit it from a Paton's "Classic Wool" yarn - so it's easier care, even if it's not the softest yarn ever (but blocking might help; I used hair conditioner in the water because after all, wool is just hair)

I also did something I promised I'd do, because it looks like the railroad strike has been averted. (I suppose a wildcat strike is still POSSIBLE, but I think it's highly unlikely)


As I said elsewhere: I'm a woman of my word and I "promised" my Christmas bonus as a donation to the regional food bank if I would be able to get home for Christmas. (Well, also: the plumbing repair was less than I budgeted, as well). But at any rate: had I been stuck here I likely would have spent more than this on pity purchases for myself. 

I also ran to the local walgreens', I needed some glue for one of the decorations on my glasses which was coming loose (I never seem to be able to keep glue around the house, it dries up or gets lost). I picked up a few "special" cards (I should write out the one going to the UK and take it to the post office tomorrow) and also got myself a treat (this was before I knew the outcome of the Senate vote on the railroad thing). Lego has made these minifigs of Muppet characters. I have a couple - a friend sent me Rowlf and I also have Miss Piggy and Beaker and Janis - and I decided to gamble on two more in hopes I'd get ones I didn't have.

First one: Waldorf! I admit I was hoping that the other one would be Statler, so he'd not be alone...


Well, no such luck on the second one, except I DID get the one I had been wanting since the first packet I bought, my favorite Muppet ever, Gonzo! (with bonus Camilla):


(I also found a Chanukah card for the person I'm sending to who celebrates that. I get that Chanukah is not the biggest or most important Jewish holiday - I assume that would be Passover or the High Holy Days in the fall - but still, it's nice to have a card to send at this time of year. And I have a couple days as Chanukah doesn't start until the 18th)

I also dug out this weird little item and put it on my tree. It's a Fluttershy ornament, but......they got the wrong cutie mark on her! That's Pinkie Pie's. There was ONE episode where the marks got all switched around (A spell gone wrong....) and yes, she got Pinkie's, which makes me wonder if the only reference the manufacturer was given was a frame from that episode

 Also her eyes are weird. But I kind of love her even with her flaws and so I wanted her on my tree. 




No comments: