Monday, December 05, 2022

semester's last monday

 Thus far this morning alone (I have been in since 7 am CST), I have received e-mails

- Student has probable COVID and needs to reschedule several things

- Student has some kind of ENORMOUS gripe with advisement and somehow wants me to know about it/possibly fix it/be their trouble-tree

- Student rushing to ER with a family member (that one is easy; they were not presenting in class today, were just part of the audience, so I can excuse them easily)

- Student with probable flu, is at urgent care to be tested, wanted to know if they should come to class anyway. (NO! NO DO NOT COME TO CLASS IF YOU ARE CONTAGIOUS)

- Student who "forgot" to sign up for something despite my reminding the classes regularly

- Student asking if they can hand something in "a little late"

- Student who missed Friday's exam, who thought it was today, apparently wants to make it up (because sick) next Monday, which is exam week.


Y'all. I think I have won some kind of a BINGO with all these, where's my prize?




No comments: