Monday, December 12, 2022

Is this petty?

 I ordered a Squishable (not SQUISHAMAL which is a different thing) "Festive Dragon" the end of November. It took them over a week to ship it. Okay, fine, whatever. But they shipped it "UPS Mail Innovations" aka "UPS and USPS are supposed to be working in partnership but when UPS loses the package they will blame USPS who will then produce the receipts that they never received it"


It's been 'awaiting acceptance by USPS' since the sixth. I e-mailed the company late last week, have not heard back. This morning, I called UPS. Got their terrible automated system, got dropped. Tried the online chat-with-a-person, the end result was "we're sorry your package was delivered to the wrong address" NO IT WAS NOT: it was lost in your system, it's probably in a warehouse in Carrollton Texas, if it's not been stolen. I tried opening a claim online but it won't let me do that for some reason ("Something went wrong") and when I try to do it over the phone it says it can't.

They told me to call my local USPS or go in there. Well, it took some doing to find the number - they want you to go through the national 1-800 number, which is all automated and is as useless as UPS' is. But I found it and talked to someone who was actually helpful and he told me "Yeah, I see the shipping label's been created but I also see that UPS still has it. This happens all the time, I don't know what they do, if they strap it to a turtle or something to get it from the hub in Texas to us, but it's always slow" but you would think almost a week is enough time?


Anyway, since Squishable is radio-silent about helping me, I'm giving them 24 more hours, and then doing a charge back. I don't care - if my package got stolen, I don't want to be out the $30. And this is apparently a limited edition item, so if I wait until after Christmas and just request another, I won't get one. I don't want store credit at this point; I'm never ordering from Squishable again after this experience.

Is the amount of time I've waited unreasonably short for a chargeback? I'd be less upset about it if I'd actually heard something from the company (YES I CHECKED MY SPAM FOLDER).

I know that the pandemic has absolutely nerfed customer service, but the B of it is: I'm still expected to jump to for my students. I have people coming in at odd hours all week to make up exams and stuff they missed because they were out sick with the flu and I can't just ghost them. So I'm irritable about it. I'm also irritable because I've been fighting with out online testing system because I have a student who because of personal reasons has to be on a whole other continent and I had to make an online final for him and it took four tries to get it to work. And I can't just give up on that like UPS has apparently given up on my package.

(I'm also irritable because I tweaked my back somehow on Saturday and I'm stiff and I hurt)

But I wish Squishable would contact me though I don't know what they could do to get my package to move. Apparently it's in Carrollton? That is, as I said, if it's not been stolen or got run over under the tire of a truck. 


If I get this in March or thereabouts it won't be the same. I wanted this before Christmas and tried to order early but I guess I can't even have this little thing.




UPDATED: they finally got back to me (Squishable, that is). They say "give it a few more days" (ah yes, the skeleton sitting on the park bench: "I gave it a few more days") and they will send another out if it doesn't arrive.

Ah, yes, but I leave on Saturday. Is Friday enough "few more days"? And then, do I request they send it to my mom's address, in case they use "straight" UPS or FedEx so I don't have a package sitting temptingly on my porch for two weeks (or I have to trouble a neighbor to pick it up for me)


I guess it was a mistake, ordering this, and I wasn't meant to have it. 🙁

No comments: