Monday, November 07, 2022

the new project

 I realized at AAUW on Thursday night, next month is our Christmas party where we do the gift exchange, and if I was going to give a handmade gift (as I typically do), I had better start

So I looked at the easily-accessible uncommitted yarn, and at my patterns, and decided on the "Leaves Long Beanie" from Weekend Hats. I'm using a Paton's worsted weight in a blue-denim multicolored ply yarn.


It's not the softest yarn ever, I will have to try washing it with conditioner when I do the wash-and-block. I'm about 1/4 of the way through now - the body is 48 rounds and I think I just completed 15. (And then there's the top decreases)


One of the other things I did Saturday was go out to Lake Durant to preview the lab for this week. It's still fairly green out there, despite the drought and the fact that it's November




I took a v. short video, kind of from the same perspective as the last shot



No comments: