Wednesday, November 09, 2022

And it begins

 I did find the energy late last evening (which actually meant I stayed up later than I should have) but started a little Christmas decorating.


Yes I know, it's early, but I NEED it, and if I waited until Advent I'd only have a short time to enjoy it before traveling. I did a little more clean up and then took down the Halloween stuff and did this: 


I put up the "Christmas tree light" style LED lights (there are tiny white LEDs in there, the "bulbs" are big translucent plastic covers). I took down the moon-phase garland (which is pretty cool but doesn't exactly fit in with Christmas; if I find a little garland I like I might hang it on those hooks). 

And I took down the Halloween lights and put up the snowflake lights. Which are a pain because the little arms tangle on *everything*


That's it so far. I have half a plan to retrieve my tree (it's in a big bag) from the storage unit tomorrow - it's supposed to rain Friday and I'd rather not do it in the rain - and maybe move more stuff around to make room for it and get ready, and then maybe put the tree and lights up Friday evening, and then Saturday put the ornaments on and get out a few other decorations.

No comments: