Sunday, October 23, 2022

The weekend sewing

 I finished some more blocks on the ongoing quilt.

I think I have eight more; they're all cut and I did start doing a tiny bit of sewing on those, but didn't get that far.

These are the ones I did finish. (I started on them last weekend, but during the week, there's not really time to sew, especially not on something requiring concentration to get the bits all in the right places)


There's going to be a lot of grey and turquoise in the quilt; that's just how it's working out.

And there IS some red. (And a little bit of a mustard/green color, but I've already made all the blocks with that)


I also made the binding for the quilt I got back from the quilt shop a week or so back, but haven't sewn it on yet.

I have several "next quilt" projects in mind - the last trip I took to JoAnn's I bought a couple rolls of just plain cream colored 2 1/2 strips (they were on sale) and I realized that the "1970s style" jelly roll that I wanted to use in the the "Spiny Peaks" pattern (free pattern shown here) will blend well with the off-white, so that might be my next project.

I also have some fat quarters of very strongly-colored fabrics (some by Kaffe Fasset) that I want to use for a simple one-block type quilt.


1 comment:

Kelly Sedinger said...

Sewing is so mysterious to me. I think we all have normal human pursuits that in our minds are basically alchemy, and for me, sewing is one. It's cool that you can do it!