Tuesday, September 13, 2022

This and that

 I took five more bins home today and unloaded them. Found a few fabrics I will find a new home for (I've asked a couple people who specifically might want them, I'm waiting to hear). The rest I put on the shelves and now I'm seeing some potential new projects. I think with the fabric organized, I can see more scrap-type quilts I want to make. 

I still haven't brought home the bin that had the big piece of grey fabric in it (At least, I hope the smaller piece I found wasn't what I was remembering, because it's too small) because for a while I've wanted to make the Cloudy Days quilt from Tula Pink's pattern book, and now I see all the blue-green fabrics I want to use for the raindrops in it.

I also see I may designate one of the two unused shelf spaces for another shelf of green; I have more of that than any other color. (I have a lot of pink, too, and brown - I definitely have favorites among the colors). 

(I also have tons of the precut packs - I keep finding ones I had packed away in the boxes). 

One small "splurge" (from Society 6) came today:


A new clock for in there - years ago I had a cheap clock but the battery in it corroded and it stopped working. This is called "Atomic Cats" - definite midcentury influence there. But this is nice, now I can keep an eye on the time when I sew.

I also put a few stitches in the quilt in the frame in there but found that the replacement 1/4" tape I bought is a "wash off" tape for holding down applique and it's no good for hand quilting - so I wound up trying to eyeball it and then ordered some online. 


I also started a new project for invigilating exams the other night - I give the first exam tomorrow so I'll have to be sure to take it along with the measuring tape and pattern and what I need.

It's going to be a very simple vest, an older pattern for a v-necked cardigan vest by Amy Loberg. I"m using Stahl "Big Mexico" which is from deep, deep in the stash - I bought a bunch of it on closeout from Elann or somewhere years ago because I liked it, couldn't quite get enough for a sweater, but I DO have enough for a vest



I'm not very far on it yet - this is just the ribbing on the back - but it should be a fairly fast knit since is't really all stockinette. (And I think I even have buttons on hand that would be good for it, so this will totally be a stash-reduction project).

No comments: