Tuesday, October 05, 2021

penultimate fieldwork day

 Yeah, I got out this afternoon and got three (of the six) remaining transects done. It took about two and a half hours, but I decided trying to walk out to the remaining (short) transects would be too much for this afternoon (I can do that Saturday early, I might even be able to take a trip to Sherman after lunch if I get it done and have the energy).

I feel physically better now - the stomach issues seem to have resolved, the muscle pain is less. I did have one hip cramp up trying to get back in the car but that's understandable how I had to fight through the brush to take the samples.

But it is a relief to have this done. Tomorrow is a busy day (three lectures, lab, there's a Zoom meeting I COULD go to but don't have to) but at least I have this one thing off my plate.


(As for the photocopying? If it gets done, it gets done. If it doesn't, well, chalk it up to one more thing that didn't work right because of the ongoing pandemic. But I MIGHT be able to get it done Thursday morning)

1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

Have I ever told you I LOVE the word penultimate? It's SO much better than "the thing before last"