Tuesday, August 17, 2021

*throws up hands*

**Updated**: Official word from Campus Wellness is that unless I develop new symptoms that are COVID-related, I'm okay, it's very unlikely I was actually exposed. But that I still might want to get tested on Monday, which is as close to five days from exposure as possible when campus wellness is open.

Yes, I am angry at the student, I suspect they were behaving irresponsibly and KNEW they were exposed and may have had some symptoms when they were in class given the quick turnaround

 

So I had a student in my intro bio class today. They were (mercifully, as it turns out) masked, I was masked, I was 10' from them, I am fully vaccinated.


BUT: They e-mailed me this afternoon at 3 pm (class ended at 12:15) "Hi I started with covid symptoms after class and took a test and it is positive" and DAMMIT.


long string of cuss words.

I am waiting on a call from the campus nurse (who "just stepped out for a minute," I hope it is less than that) to find out if *I* have to do the 10 day isolation or not. (Probably not; given that the rest of the class most likely won't have to, just the three people sitting near the student).


But dammit, dammit, dammit. This is too much too early


reminder to self: if you have to isolate call the counselor because you will have to cancel; if it's for 10 days you will have to call the church because you won't be able to do eldering this weekend. And good luck as far as food is concerned; you're gonna run out of milk and just have to make do until the time is up.

It makes me furious because I literally went NO WHERE for a year before there was a vaccine, and now, now maybe I get exposed. 

And anyway, even if everything's cool, I am definitely wearing a KN95 mask every day now from now on, even just walking up and down the hall because EVERYONE IS UNCLEAN!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I am finding this uncertain period (some vaxxed, some not, mixed mask usage) to be more stressful than full lockdown. Hope you test negative. — Grace

Joan said...

Keep your appointment with your Counselor. Do it by phone.