Wednesday, June 09, 2021

Godspeed, little manuscript

 I did a few more minor edits (mostly word changes) on it this morning following a last read-through, and then sent it off to the journal I am submitting it to.

I always think of this bit from an old, old episode of The Simpsons:


Anyway, that's now off my plate for at least a couple weeks (provided they do not immediately desk-reject, which seems unlikely). My plans for this afternoon are to wind up the videoing* of the labs, and it's monthly Board Meeting tonight (will be harder given our secretary just passed away; big shoes to fill)

 

(*I am old enough, and late-adopter enough, that I keep wanting to refer to that as "filming." But I'm not even being TAPED as in videotape; it's all digital. Do we need a new word for audio-video electronic capture of things?)

Tomorrow is the first fieldwork day - I need to take what remains of this morning and muster the equipment I need for that so I can head out as early as possible; my plan is to get out there as close to 7 am as possible and work until noon (at the VERY latest) and then go home, shower, and do something else during the hot part of the day.

I also either have to borrow a GPS unit or else see if there's a GPS tracking download I can get for my phone, to re-locate the starts of the transects - I found the old data sheets that have them on them.

No comments: