Wednesday, April 14, 2021

another busy day

 Full day of teaching followed by in-person-but-distanced board meeting at church. The people presenting things talked seven minutes too long, by the time I walked out a thunderstorm had started up and I got soaked with cold rain.

I've also been having some low-level anxiety issues; I think I am going to try putting the weighted blanket on the bed again tonight. I had taken it off in the supposition that it was causing me to be too still in my sleep, and that was adversely affecting my back (as opposed to moving about a bit) but I've had some pretty stressful dreams and one night where I could not settle and sleep, so I'll try it again, but try sleeping on my side this time. 

(Part of it is just a couple of difficult human interactions, I suspect, which loom larger when I have few total interactions. I may have to just plan to leave campus when I get out of lab tomorrow - at 3 or a little earlier - and take a trip to the gourmet store downtown or something for just something *different.* I read an article today about how we have spent so much of the past year "withdrawing" and how much of just navigating the world became difficult, and at the same time we were not getting BACK the fun and relaxing things we used to do (well, if we were being extremely cautious, or lived in an area with actual lockdown), and I think I feel that hard. Even if I *didn't* do things often like go downtown or the like, maybe I need to now, to try to regain some sense of normalcy. 

But yeah. This has been a tiring week

No comments: