Thursday, March 25, 2021

Made me LOL


 Someone elsewhere opined that this is a "fun" news story for a lot of us - no one died and while it's bad for snarling up commerce and that company is losing money, also, we're seeing a mess-up in real time, and seeing all of the scrambling to fix it.

(I saw a video on Twitter and reposted it with the question "How many civil engineers does it take to unstick a ship?")

And it's so memeable. I know a lot of people think this is stupid and I openly admit that one way in which I am annoying is that I tend to carry a joke far farther than normal people do. But I do find it kind of amusing in a way that I have not been amused by a news story in a long time.

Also it taught me of the existence of Vessel Finder, which monitors the position of many (most?) sea going vessels, and some of the larger ones on river, and I find that kind of thing just sort of interesting - I have a subscription to FlightRadar 24, for example. (I wish there were one for freight trains, but I haven't been able to find one. I'd love to know what train it is I hear around 4:15 am some mornings)

No comments: