Sunday, April 12, 2020

And Easter day

(Someone on the BBC rather sharply corrected the host, "It's not Easter Sunday, it is simply Easter Day" though I don't know how widespread or technically correct that usage is).

It was kind of a nothing day for me. I either pulled something badly working in the yard (abdominals and backs of the thighs) and I'm having an unpleasant recurrence of hives, so it could be muscle strain/allergies, or else my body is doing something unpleasant to me. (This is not unlike what happened back in January so if my body is doing a heckin' bamboozle - well, I still have supplies and also I can stay home)

I cleaned a little bit, putting stuff away in the living room, cleaning the kitchen, and picked up the bedroom. I also cooked a little bit:

Easter dinner

That's Easter dinner. German-style meat patty (uses soaked bread as an extender, has onion, parsley, and allspice in it, and an egg as binder, and then they are dredged in flour to cook), mashed sweet potato (I got the last two at Green Spray - wal-mart was out even though it was listed they had them when I placed the order. So I masked and gloved up and went out to Green Spray. They had two misshapen ones left but that's fine for mashed sweet potato. And yes, I was the ONLY customer in there - of the roughly 15 - in mask and gloves. The checkers had gloves but no masks. So I don't know. I know we only have three reported cases for my county but I also know with my asthma this could go very badly for me if I caught it). Applesauce (not homemade) and a bowl of lemon pudding cake, which I made with some of the lemons I got in the Imperfect Foods box.

Here's a better shot of it:

lemon pudding cake

They recommend baking it in a bain-marie so I did that, that is what the larger pan is for.

Other than that, I'm tired. I was up a lot last night with pain (I also think the pain in my gut could be an abdominal reaction to something I ate - I suspect a garlic-flavored cheese spread, sometimes fake garlic upsets my stomach). Also I kept having to get up to urinate (which is why I wonder if it's "heckin' bamboozle" because that's a typical symptom for me).

I am slowly handsewing the binding on the chalet quilt but I may crochet on the afghan instead tonight because that feels lower effort.

I also wrote out a list of what I need to do tomorrow so I am more efficient. I *did* record two more chapters (one for soils, one for Ecology) and posted them yesterday so I did get some stuff done.

I will say that having a good dinner goes a long way to pushing away the horrors of the world for a bit (especially if it's a dinner you cooked yourself, or so I find: the fact that you created interesting food from the raw materials of food...)

Probably later tonight I'll try a warm-ish bath with Epsom salts to see if that does anything for the lingering muscle pain (much less bad than it was yesterday) and the hives.

No comments: