Tuesday, January 21, 2020

question not venting

Okay, so maybe here's one thing people CAN help me with:

I realized I need a treat after this....whole ordeal....is over (and hopefully, the answer is "yeah, bodies just do be like that sometimes")

I think I know what: I am willing finally to splurge on a weighted blanket. I've read how they can help people who are prone to anxiety and yeah, I have that in buckets.

But: I don't know the first thing about them and don't want to just do a random pick off of Amazon because a lot of their third-party sales stuff is crap, and frankly, I'm coming around to ONLY trusting them for books any more. But if I knew a trustworthy brand, that might help.

Specifications: I sleep in a full ("double") sized bed, so either a double or queen sized blanket would be best. Ideally one that is not too warm - I would want to ideally be able to use this in the summer (my house is at about 75 F in the summer, sometimes a bit warmer). In the winter I just pile on quilts and blankets on the bed and turn down the thermostat, and am happily enclosed in my cave of blankets.

I don't care *too* much about color or fabric, though would prefer something that could be machine washed if that became necessary (even if I had to take it to a laundromat and use the "big" machines there). FWIW my bedroom is green and pink but a grey or tan blanket would look fine. Probably would prefer a not-so-dark color (not navy blue, not black, not charcoal) if it's possible.

I don't want to MAKE one myself though I understand such a thing is possible. I have two unbound but quilted quilts, a quilt in the frame, a top I'm sewing on, and I'm getting NOTHING done on any of them, so "pre finished" would be the most desirable thing, and also sewing the multiple "baffles" it would take to hold the weights in place would be no fun.

So: anyone have a favorite brand or source? I'd almost certainly have to mail order; I *think* our Bed, Bath and Beyond in Sherman is still open but they might be one of the moribund ones (I read some were closing). (For sheets I either go with Target's Opalhouse brand or I splurge and order the Clothesline Crisp ones from Vermont Country Store).

1 comment:

purlewe said...

I asked a friend to send me the name of the one she bought!