Sunday, November 17, 2019

Finished one thing

The first Christmas-gift item (well, I guess I finished a pair of socks for my mom earlier, but I really want to complete two more) is done:

This is the Bankhead hat pattern (Free on Ravelry). It's a nice, simple hat - easy to knit and looks good. I made it for my brother, who has only rarely gotten knit things from me, but now that he's a bit more mature....maybe this will work. (Also, it's a superwash yarn, so he can throw it in the washer if he needs to).

I'm glad I got this done - I will see them week after next and it will be good to be able to pass the Christmas gifts off to them, so I won't have to pay to send them (or trust them to the vagaries of the USPS). They are driving so they should have room for the presents. (He is also getting some locally-made food gifts, and there is the family gift he will share in).

I'm pretty happy with how this came out. And I am going to make myself one - I bought a Dream in Color yarn in a speckle-dye colorway that I will make mine out if. (It might even be a carry-along-and-work-on project during the upcoming trip - it is easy enough once you get it cast on).

Now to shift to my mom's socks or maybe the AAUW hat - I have a *little* more time with that one as we moved back the date of the Christmas party, and the hat is a bit more than half-done.

1 comment:

anita said...

Very nice! I want to make my grandchildren hats, so superwash is essential . . . what yarn is that? And what a nice warm color, too.