Friday, September 13, 2019

Now the photos

These are the things from my swap box. (I have to put the one together to send off; maybe I sew the one little item tonight....)

The little toys that came in two of the Kinder Eggs (I still have the third to eat. And I wish we could get REAL Kinder Eggs here, instead of those stupid "Kinder Joy" things that aren't all that good)

Kinder eggs

A funny top thing with legs, and a little dog that was a character in "Secret Lives of Pets 2"

 And yarn, and some nice funny scented pencils, and also a tiny replica of a Welsh "love spoon" and some cards:

other goodies

The funniest of the cards ("Potatoes: Master or servant?") is going to get stuck up on one of the file cabinets in my office. (I need to scare up a few more magnets first):

cards



 Here's a still photo of the wonderful little owl.

lit owl

Let's see if this works. I took a little short video of the owl changing colors and playing its music. I hope this works.....my first video ever...


Like I said: it's designed for babies, but also excellent for upset adults, and that owl is just so stinking cute.


And here are the dresses. The first four (the ones on Sam - the dark haired, medium-toned skin doll), Cinnamon (red hair and "curvy"), Olivia (African-American), and Ginger (pale "curvy") are all from the lot of vintage items. I know that Sam's jumpsuit and Cinnamon's are handmade, probably vintage 70s:

jumpsuits

Sam's isn't the most flattering on her and I will probably change it soon (because the newly-made, and VERY NICE dresses I bought from "Buttercup Dress Up" came today) but I admit Cinnamon's bell-bottom jumpsuit amuses me, and I also imagine that she is rather outre in her style, so I think it suits her.

And I really like the hot pink "mod" dress on Olivia; colors like this look good on her:

Mod!

It's a weird, flimsy knit, and I would not be at all surprised if it was a commercially-made one. It's not tagged (the only thing in that lot tagged was a yellow beach-cover-up that is Barbie tagged). It might also have been intended as a tunic to go over something else as it is VERY short, but it's long enough for Olivia.

This also may be a commercial dress. It's a bit big, so I wonder if it was intended for a doll just slightly larger than Barbie (Ginger is a "curvy" Barbie, and it is loose on her, especially on top):

green dance dress

I am also not particularly wild about this look on Ginger, because her style tends to be more preppy/classic, and this seems a little too....80s?

And then finally, the first of the Dress Up Buttercup dresses, and these are very nice (I should leave some nice feedback for the seller, they came in good time and were packaged well and are nicely made). I bought several of these. This one in particular I wanted for my Gabby Douglas doll. (Yes, I know the "real" Gabby Douglas is a woman in her 20s, but my headcanon for Doll!Gabby is that she is a smart/kind/popular-for-justifiable-reasons high school student who wants to be a veterinarian)

And I saw this dress, and it just looked like something my imagined high-school-student Gabby would wear, maybe for a visit to grandparents or to church. It's cute and youthful and just kind of nice:

Gabby new dress

Yes. I have mental backstories for all these dolls, and they are all SUPER NICE backstories because I feel like my dolls should at least get to have happy lives. (Previous discussion of their backstories are at the end of this post)

1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

I like these