Monday, April 08, 2019

Couple more things

Some things I forgot, but that came back to mind after some time to sit (and after going to Bell Choir and then going to CWF, and getting "loved on" a little by a couple of the women there, and I need that. I need women around who are roughly in the same generation as (or half-a-generation younger than) my mother who are just....nice people.


* I did make the joke, "I don't know which of y'all prayed so hard not to have to take the exam on Friday, but it worked" (and I noted it was MY mistake, not Print Shop's) when I handed out the exam today. I got a gratifyingly big laugh out of that, but sometimes I wonder because most of the time I present as "serious," my rare jokes seem all the funnier.

* Through a chain of clicking, I found this photoset of the insides of golf balls.

Two thoughts:

- was it a kid thing anywhere else that "golf balls are filled with radioactive [or explosive] stuff, so you better not try cutting one open"? That was the urban legend when I was a kid.

- I commented that "I would like several of those color combinations in superball form" and then I got to thinking about superballs again, and I thought about how I didn't currently have one....and through more clicking, I wound up ordering a box of 100 (!) clear balls with star-shaped glitter embedded in them (They were about $23) because that was the easiest way to get the superballs I wanted.

And anyway: 100 superballs. And I'm thinking I also carry a few around in my pockets in case I run into the kids of friends of mine (and I will ask the parents first!) in case they want/are allowed to have a superball.

* Broke down and put the AC on. It's gotten warm (supposed to be 83 here tomorrow) and very humid and maybe I'll sleep better (I hope) tonight.

* Did two days in a row of working out, so I can sleep in (a bit) tomorrow morning. It's the little things. (I also don't have to pack a lunch tomorrow because I can come home for lunch).

No comments: