Thursday, February 14, 2019

I don't know

As per ETat's comment:

I had heard NOTHING of Blogger closing. NOTHING. I have received no notification.

Yes, Google+ is ending, but I never registered with them.

So if Blogger is pulling the rug out from under me - well, like so many other things in my life have been- I don't know. I don't own a domain. I don't have time to migrate 17 years of blogposts.

So if Blogger IS ending, and they didn't think I mattered enough to tell me with any stinking lead-time, this blog is gone.

I'm sorry. That's just how it's going to be. I don't have time to take care of myself anymore because I'm everyone else's chore donkey, and apparently I don't matter enough to anyone who has any power or influence for them to tell me squat.

Nice to know where I stand in the world, I guess.

Anyway. I knew about Google+ ending but there's no notification from Blogger so IDK?

I don't need this today. I spent much of last night crying and I slept VERY badly and I have too many things to do all day


Edited to add: The official Blogger site only says the Google+ stuff - which I never used - is going away so unless they're mega-lying to me (which would not surprise me, everyone lies to me these days), I'm okay.

But yeah: if Google abruptly decides to shutter Blogger without offering some kind of simple migration option, I no longer have a blog and I just post photos of my work on Twitter instead. Because I probably shouldn't even be taking time to write a blog NOW and should be devoting that instead to working, working, working.

(I have yet another PTR meeting today, so the "there must be more work, there must always be more work" is top of mind)

Anyway, this is Current Mood, which is not a good Current Mood for just before  6 am on a Thursday:

2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

1. I'm not convinced Blogger is going away. It was there before Google+ and it's still useful. Google+ was never useful to me.
2. Do you watch CBS Sunday Morning. Nice piece this past week about loneliness, and it's generally agreed that people who feel lonely are around people. You should check it out.

Roger Owen Green said...

Oh, and:
3. You should be able to migrate at least a bunch of your Blogger blog to WP. I think I got it all. Then again, I did it after 10 years of blogging, so...