Tuesday, February 12, 2019

And that's done

The only slightly-woeful health related thing is that this summer I need to schedule a screening colonoscopy. Bleah, almost as much for the idea of having to line up someone to drive me (and I presume, sit with me after to make sure I don't have a bad delayed reaction to the anesthetic) as for the prep. And the idea of having to submit to "butt stuff."

Other than that....all my blood numbers were right in the middle of the desired range, in fact, fasting glucose was lower than it's ever been (not that it ever reached the point of requiring concern). I'm not sure what caused that other than maybe mostly skipping desserts: I have even been eating more potatoes than I had in the past.  Down a couple pounds, too. My doctor sort of chuckled and said "I like having healthy patients" and I suppose, yes - less work for her, but she still gets paid for the regular checkups. And she doesn't have to nag me about stuff like taking my meds or exercising.

She also commented that I didn't look 50, though I think that's more lucky genes than anything I'm actually doing. (Though, I don't know: maybe never having smoked and also wearing sunscreen and a big hat did something)

Though I'm not gonna lie: am very tempted to get a big cupcake somewhere when I run out to go to the bank and run a few errands.

No comments: