Thursday, March 15, 2018

nope, no milkshake.

I have to go to the bank but I got out of the office too late - it was like six minutes before the drive-through closed and I didn't want to risk it. I will have to do it tomorrow. (I have a big note-to-self on my master list of things I need. I need cash for tips and also emergencies - like if I need gas and my cards won't work).

I did run to the chain-pharmacy and get more Claritin (was nearly out) and a new pack of earplugs (essential travel items for me: earplugs and a dark eyeshade).

I decided against the milkshake; it was stressful enough getting cross-town to the Walgreen's; lots of aggressive and entitlement-minded drivers who figured "whoever wants the right of way most should get it, forget what the laws say." Trying to drive any time between about 3 pm and 6 pm here in town is just bad. So I went home and ate up the last of the chili I made earlier this week.

I threw enough clothes for a week in the suitcase. I had a headache so I hope they match each other well enough and I didn't do something like take a bunch of black and grey shirts with only tan trousers.

I did pick out books - the Churchill book I want to finish, plus a copy of "The Everglades: River of Grass" (Yes, I bought a copy, after thinking about Marjory Stoneman Douglas again). And a couple of British mysteries - an Inspector Littlejohn ("The Case of the Famished Parson") and one called "Information Received" (the first of the Bobby Owen mysteries).

And the yarn is in. I need to pack up the Weasley Homestead socks with their pattern and put them in my bag, and tomorrow I need to add the "Comfort Ponies" (I always travel with a stuffed toy these days) and stuff like my cosmetics and mouthguard (Again, I have the Master List so I am less likely to forget anything. And my ticket is already in my carry on; that and my medications, money, and ID are probably the most crucial things...)

But yeah. This week has been excruciatingly long and I am looking forward to going to bed tonight, and I am looking forward to sitting down in the train compartment tomorrow night and pulling out a book and being able to read uninterrupted.

No comments: