Sunday, January 14, 2018

Blue, not purple

One of the minor-league impulse purchases of yesterday: another bottle of nail polish. In fact, another bottle of China Glaze's "My Little Pony" tie-in nail polish. The color was called "Let your Twilight Sparkle."

So, it should be purple, right? Twilight Sparkle is purple. And it looks purple in the bottle.

Two coats and .... womp womp.

twilight....blue?

It looks more to me like "Let Your Rainbow Dash." Oh well. It might work another time as a top coat, especially if I had a purplish undercoat. But for now, I have festive, glittery....morgue nails. (I once had a student who worked at an ER and he said he could never get used to blue nail polish because "that's how nail beds look in the morgue...")

Another blue thing, but this was intentionally blue (or rather, blue-green):

Marina

This is the "Hippocampus" pattern from Starbeamer Designs on Ravelry. It worked up a lot tinier than I thought it would - and this is worsted weight. (The legs are fiddly to do because they are so small).

I named her "Marina," one of the names I rejected for the dolphin pillow. I think it fits her better.

I tried to do My Little Pony style eyes. It's tough on such a small thing:

Marina face

At one point I had thought of modding this up a little to make a "Princess Skystar" but the pattern works up so small....I don't know. (And the tail isn't quite right for Skystar anyway).

Still, there is something pleasing about the general shape of the critter, and it's sort of fun to have more of these mythological creatures. 

1 comment:

CGHill said...

Avon had a Twilight Sparkle eyeliner which was pretty doggone blue.