Monday, May 21, 2012

Quilt block pictures

This is the quilt top I was piecing on before break, and which is waiting for me to get back home.

Walk In the Woods quilt blocks

The pattern is just simple, almost log-cabin-esque blocks made of the 2 1/2" strips from a Jelly Roll and 1 1/2" strips of white. There are two different block styles, as you can see here:

Walk In the Woods quilt blocks

The fabric is Aneela Hoey's "Walk in the Woods," which is kind of a Red Riding Hood themed fabric. You can see two of the main novelty prints in these blocks. One thing that I find interesting about Hoey's fabric design, is that she typically uses an extremely limited color palette - which is different from a lot of current fabric designers. This line of fabrics has pink, gray, pale blue, red, and white as the background colors, and limited amounts of black, brown, and green in some of the prints. It's a much quieter palette than some fabrics.

I think I have most of her recent fabric lines....I have Winter Sherbet all made up into a quilt, and there is this one, and I have a Jelly Roll of her Little Apples line (which uses stronger colors - there is a green and a red and a gold as background colors, but the colors are still somewhat subdued).

Part of the reason I like her fabrics is my philosophy of how I never met a novelty fabric I didn't like...

No comments: