Monday, November 21, 2011

Gonna make it.

I got ALMOST everything done on my list today (including grading the hugacious biostats take-home exam, and grading an ecology exam). And I bought gas, and got money, and I packed...I have just a few things to toss in my "carry on" (well, both bags are carry ons, you can't check bags at Mineola, but the one I'm calling the "carry on" has my pyjamas and dopp kit and books and knitting and goes into the compartment with me. (And, ahem, the little Derpy amigurumi. Yes, I still feel the need to travel with a stuffed critter. (Another reason I don't fly any more: I'm quite sure the TSA would not understand, and I remember reading stories from WWII of teddy bears - even children's teddy bears - being torn into for fear they contained contraband))

A couple quick photos:

Here's the gift hat for the gift exchange. My sister-in-law's will be identical, only done in navy blue. I think the tighter gauge and smaller size (not so giant and floppy) looks better.

hat #2

And a couple quick photos (literally: grabbed right before the camera battery ran down) of the Christmas decorations. (With bonus photo of suitcase in the one of the tree:

mantel Christmas 2011

Christmas tree 2011

***

Oh, and speaking of Derpy: here's a silly little .gif animation of her singing. (I take no responsibilities for the earworm that may cause, and have spent part of the afternoon myself singing "Derpy derpy derpy dooo, da-dooo" in my head).

Oddly, it reminds me of an old Warner Brothers bit - the little vulture that was singing about how he was bringing home a baby bumble bee? (I suspect that the old Warner Brothers cartoons are kind of the Shakespeare of the cartoon world: they are "so canon" that there are thousands of references made to them, perhaps even some people aren't consciously making.)

No comments: