Saturday, January 08, 2011

I love CPAAG

(CPAAG = Completely Pointless and Arbitrary Group on Ravelry. It might not be to everyone's taste because we tend to let our inner 12-year-olds out quite a bit, but it's a fun place to be).

I love CPAAG. I was reminded again today while hanging out on the internet. Why? Because when there's Big Ugly News breaking, and everyone's wanting to stick their oar in and Monday-Morning quarterback, CPAAG is conspicuously free of all of that. This evening, we talked about Pain de Mie and Anthony Bourdain and cats and pizza. And I need that far more than I need people's pet theories about stuff I have no control over and that just makes me sad.

(There's actually a rule on CPAAG that overly-political posts get deleted, as do other potentially offensive things. There's a group of moderators who take care of it. It's not a complete democracy because of that but members do largely self-police. And I like that. I like having that little corner of silliness where I can go shelter from the big bad scary world.)

No comments: