Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Proof of knitting

I do still knit. I did a fair amount over break (finished one pair of socks, started another, worked some on a third pair). I think I'm suffering from Being Too Busy right now.

I did manage to Grade All the Things (for some values of All: at least every paper I have on my desk as of TODAY has been graded. More grading will come Friday). I haven't started on the manuscript review but I think maybe tomorrow and Friday morning I can begin that. (I really, really wish I had not agreed to do this now. Making time for it, making time to do a good job on it, will be a challenge.)

But anyway. These are the socks I finished

Antonia socks

These are the Antonia socks, knit of the Opal sockyarn designed by an Austrian (? I think Tyrol is Austria) pop princess. I kind of like them as the colors look sort of "rustic" to me.

I'm glad I went to the trouble to wind through the skein and start them both at the same point so they matched. Even though I had to wind off and cut off a big chunk of yarn and worried a bit through the second sock that I'd not have enough to complete them.

These socks have been washed twice. I washed them before the first wearing because Opal is kind of hard at first, but gets softer after washing. And then I wore them home on the train, so I had to wash them after that.

These took really long to complete, but then almost anything I make (unless it's a gift on a deadline) seems to take really long to complete these days.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Those are really pretty.