Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve

I still can't find an online version of the Mel Torme version of this, which is probably my favorite version, but I also really like Ella Fitzgerald's voice, so here is a New Year's Eve song by the great Ella.



Happy New Year to all of you. May 2011 be a better year than all previous ones.

And I can't resist a semi-doo-wop version of the same song. This is more restrained on the vocal acrobatics than much doo-wop, but it still does have some good close harmonies:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Ella's version. Here's another good one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amV9Hdb3ZqY.

CGHill said...

You might be amused to note that Lileks' end-of-year episode of The Diner (his sporadic, but now apparently weekly, podcast) was centered on finding any New Year's song that wasn't "Auld Lang Syne."

And of course, this is the one he found.