Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Can't believe it

But yay, I'm done.

I decided not to do the additional grading; it can wait. I'm pretty much all packed, I have to go get an allergy shot and eat some lunch and then I can think about going.

Books for the trip:

"The Worst Hard Time" which is a history of the Dust Bowl

a book about the paleolithic cave-painters in France (they are from the Dordogne River valley - which is, I have learned, whence some of my ancestors came, so perhaps I am a many, many, many generations distant descendant of those who did the caves.)

And a book of Connie Willis' short stories, called "Miracle." I've already read two - they are all about Christmas and are quite wonderful. (The eponymous story of the book, in particular, is sort of about getting what you wanted but didn't really know you wanted at the time).

Knitting for the trip:

Finish the Opal Antonia socks

Work on the Ty-Dy socks

Possibly start some cabled socks out of a lovely pale blue and purple Sweet Georgia sockyarn. And possibly (finally!) start the pair of Overlapping Leaves socks out of the green Opal Handpaint that Diann sent me so long ago.

And I have the sockyarn teddy bear tucked in there to work on.

Yes, that's surely more than I can finish (or even start) over this short break. But I always do that...think in the back of my head, "What if something horrible were to happen and you could not get back right away?" Hence the "excess" of books and yarn.

I never could travel very light.


***

To everyone who celebrates, have a fantastic Thanksgiving. May your gravy not be lumpy and your pies turn out well. May the football games be interesting on television and may the people you spend the day with be enjoyable.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Have a very happy Thanksgiving.