Friday, April 24, 2009

Spike: dare taken.

Actually, that was how I originally intended to wear it - with an otherwise perfectly serious skirt and blouse (I actually have a rather nice blouse with a ruffle around a plunging (well, for me) neckline that would look good with it).

I will think of it as a wee experiment into how perceptive people are. I suspect 95% of the people who see it will go, "oh, cameo necklace" and very very few will go "Wait...that's Miss Piggy!"

(Though it might be interesting to note if, say, males happened to notice it more than females...just testing to see if they're observing that general area. And yes, I have my suspicions, but never enough to go, "Hey, my eyes are up here." Of course, if I really wanted to test that, I probably would also need something surprising to stick on my rear end, too.)

Besides, I've concluded that anyone who would think less of me for wearing a Miss Piggy pendant in otherwise semi-casual circumstances (I would not, for example, wear it to a relative's wedding) is not someone whose approval I need. On the other hand, I suspect that there ARE people who would think more highly of me for wearing - either because they are also a Muppet fan or they appreciate humor and a bit of guts in clothing choices - and they are someone whose approval I would welcome.

2 comments:

Spike said...

Hee hee. Life is too short not to have some fun.

Look forward to your reports.

CGHill said...

Miss Piggy is a perfect cultural icon for these times. As Frank Oz, who should know, once said: "She wants everyone to treat her like a lady, and if they don't, she'll cut them in half."