Monday, April 27, 2009

(I know this is a terribly dark photo but none of the ones I took with flash were any good).

Miss Piggy cameo

The Miss Piggy cameo came in the mail today. It's tiny - much more delicate than I envisioned it (they gave the dimensions on the site but I didn't really think about them). So it's really kind of cryptic - you have to be almost right up on it to see that it's Miss Piggy.

And one last thought (I promise) about failed performances: WWMPD? (What Would Miss Piggy Do?) - she would probably flip her hair, walk off stage with her head held high, and then WILL herself to forget about it.

(Amazingly, there are others who have considered this very topic. Though most of those tend to lean towards using well-placed karate chops.)

I read somewhere once that Frank Oz said he tried to create the character that "has a lot of vulnerability which she has to hide, because of her need to be a superstar."
And here is this character who really, on the face of it all, doesn't have all that much talent - she's not much of a singer; onstage, she chews the scenery; she doesn't know how to dress with understatement or even much taste...and yet she pulls it off. (Of course, not being actually REAL helps).

But I admit, sometimes I do wish I could channel a bit of that bravado, that ego, and convince myself that not being perfect really doesn't MATTER as long as I am doing whatever it is. To be able to convince myself that I am fabulous, no matter what the more-critical parts of my mind may be saying.

No comments: