Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Dragonknitter, you're welcome to list it. (I'm presuming "daily chum" is the friendship kind of chum and not the Kenny-the-Shark kind of chum).

And, no, I've never been on Chigger Mountain (heh. It makes me want to break out my Odetta impression:

"I been drivin'....on Chigger Mountain!
I been drivin'.....on Chigger Mountain!
I been drivin'.....on Chigger Mountain!
But I've done my time, I've done my time")

I will say there were a lot of oddly named places in Illinois when I was doing research there. There was also a place called "Goofy Ridge" and some of the people who had lived in Illinois all their lives warned students off of going out there to do research...apparently it was a tiny little outpost of 1930s Appalachia, complete with people who'd shoot at you if they thought you were a "revenuer."

1 comment:

dragon knitter said...

daily chum does actually mean sharks, lol, only these are yarn sharks. we scour the internet for cool free patterns, yarn dyers, and other esoterica. i'll use your image, if that's ok, to show the sock. wheeeee!