Thursday, February 01, 2007

Well, #4. is under control - I just got off the phone with my co-hostess, she's got the coffee and key-getting and all that under control and has been advised that I have a furnace problem. So I just need to make the cake, which I can handle, and grab a tin of mixed nuts at the Braum's on my way home.

#3 is hopefully under control as I have a 1:30 appointment and based on my perusal of the owner's manual (and also some online HVAC forums), the problem MAY be as simple as an oxide buildup on the flame sensor. (It's something that COULD be a DIY job but I'm not quite willing to D that M(yself) because it involves both electricity and gas.) I'm hoping it IS that problem - after all, it's something that developed slowly and has got worse just recently, I've not ever had the flame sensor cleaned, and it kind of jibes with the problems the furnace is having.

#1 and #2, I've decided I have no control over. My behavior is the only person's behavior I can control and if being a "peacemaker" gets to suck too badly (sorry, Devorah, but sometimes I just feel the need to use THAT word), I'm going to back out and remind the people involved that they are 10 years older than I am at a minimum, and therefore they should have the benefit of 10 additional years of maturity to work out their problems.

Number 5 is still ticking me off but it's kind of a minor thing.

One GOOD thing in all this: I am still sleeping OK. I think the "Sound Soother" was a very worthwhile purchase; its "pink noise" is very effective at blocking out ambient neighborhood noise and I sleep more deeply when I'm not having to listen to cars and barking dogs and things like that.

No comments: