Well, at least I can use my office computer
That "Clean" sticker indicates the new security software is on it and I'm allowed to use it. (Still will do the full shut down at the end of every day, given that that's what saved me).
also I finally got back into bluesky on laptop, after clearing the entire cache (losing every password and saved website I had) and resetting the password and now I learn it was PROBABLY a ddos attack and NOT something funky in my laptop preventing my log in. Grr.
Annnnnnd the new security software here is flagging another bit of security software - the "silently summon campus police if you're under mortal threat" software as if it were malware. So, "not great, Bob!" (We have to do a monthly test, I missed the august one for all the shutdown, that's why the flag popped up. Hopefully we never have a real reason to use it, or at least, it's fixed before we do. For more minor/non mortal issues you use a phone and call - like if I had a student go into anaphylaxis in class I'd get someone to call 911, I would not do the "summon the cops" because they'd come in expecting an active shooter, and that's not good)

No comments:
Post a Comment