Monday, April 15, 2024

And Monday evening

 I got almost no knitting done this weekend; Saturday was eaten up by lawnmowing and all the nonsense surrounding the installation. Sunday I went out to eat lunch with the other church ladies and we got a very slow waitress/kitchen staff and it was after 2 pm when I got home, and I had other things I had to take care of for today. 

And yes, I called the appliance store. Got an apology but no offer of a refund of the delivery charge. Whatever. They did say "well maybe we can make you a deal next time you come in" and FINE WHATEVER. (Narrator voice: they will not, in fact, make me a deal, if I come in again for an appliance)

I feel "unheard" a lot in my life these days.

***

I added a few rows to the Orchard and Vine scarf tonight. I'm hoping I'll have enough yellow to finish the current second (two rows yellow, two rows blue slip-stitching the yellow). In recent years I've occasionally run short on shawls so it does make me anxious. I think I have eight of the rows of yellow left...

***

My knee is still better. I did 20 minutes working out today on the cross-country skiier and for a change I could concentrate on the music I was listening to instead of focusing on "is the pain too bad? am I re-injuring myself? am I keeping my foot straight enough not to stress my knee?" I also did the PT stretches. I am a little sore now but that's probably because I sat still for a while. 

Hopefully it will still be better in the morning. I'm ready for this to be done. I will probably always have arthritis there and perhaps a slight limp (unless I let them go in and cut out part of the meniscus, and I'm still not convinced that would help the limp). My goal is to not need the cane, that's about it at this point. I probably won't be able to do much hiking again and forget learning to play pickleball. But oh well, I could have given myself a spiral fracture instead and in that case I'd probably just now be getting home from a rehab center (after surgery and time in traction)

I guess adulthood is accepting crummy things and telling yourself "well, it could be worse, so you should be happy" but I don't like that.

***

I hope it's not storming this weekend (but it might be). I had originally thought to take a run to Denison and go a few places but if it's pouring or if there are potentially dangerous storms that's not a good idea. I've been stuck here in town for a long time, it seems like, and I'm getting antsy and feeling like I never have any fun.


No comments: