Friday, September 18, 2020

First fall knit

 This is the first handknitted knitwear wearing of the fall - it's the Paddington's Garden shawl (Janina Kallo) worn over my new Vermont Country Store dress (had been backordered since July, came this week, and it was a bit of an odyssey - Fed Ex claimed it had been delivered an hour before the truck showed up, and given my previous experience I assumed that meant it was either stolen or delivered to the wrong house, and Fed Ex gave me NO satisfaction so I called Vermont Country Store and their customer service offered to send a replacement USPS....and then it showed up a few minutes after that, so I had to call VCS *back* and fortunately the customer-service person was able to cancel the re-order in time).

But anyway.

I'm hoping for cooler weather soon so I can wear things like this; it's a tiny consolation in the middle of all this to be able to wear things I knitted.



I look pale there, one small sad thing about the pandemic is you can't really wear lipstick if you're going to wear a mask regularly, the lipstick rubs off. 

There was a thing making the rounds about "What would you do first if the pandemic disappeared tomorrow and my first thing would be "call several of my friends from church and say "I hope you are at home and are going to be home for a bit longer because I am coming over to hug you" but also "make plans to go see my mom" but somewhere on that list "start wearing lipstick regularly again" would be a thing.


(I did put it on a few times at home when I had Zoom meetings - and I also read somewhere that it actually helps! For people who read lips a little - makes your lips more visible on the screen. So lipstick is good, actually, and that makes me happy)

2 comments:

ETat said...

Reading lips certainly helps me when talking to someone. Or, maybe, not so much reading lips, as accessing facial expression. Someone might say something outrageous - and without seeing them smiling when saying it, I've been puzzled if they are serious...
I, too, put on lipstick some time ago, during a webex interview - didn't get the job, and have no way of knowing if it was a factor - but did I feel much better, "more together", myself.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! — Grace