Tuesday, November 26, 2019

And another song.

Hopefully the really big emotional stuff is over (this is a time-embargoed post).

This is a song that wound up in the Pandora playlist I started with some John Denver stuff and some Nitty Gritty Dirt Band stuff. I've always liked it. (There was a more up-tempo, "electronic-y" version from the 1980s, I forget by whom, but I vastly prefer the Bill Withers version, that has a bit more of a gospel flavor):



And really, speaking of "gospel flavor" - isn't this song basically the second Great Commandment right there? Help out your neighbor when they need it? Be there for people? (Though also of course that means letting people be there for you, which I am not always so good at).

(Apparently the first one I linked had an image of Al Green rather than Bill Withers, so I subbed this one in. Most "older" singers, I have only heard their voice, so I don't always recognize their faces.)

1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' Matt 22:39