Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Away for a bit

I think I'm going to take a break from the blog.

I have nothing useful to talk about. Things are just bad, I work all the time, I rarely get to even visit my hobbies. I have more work than I can cope with.

Nobody wants to hear that stuff. So I'm just going to shut up until something changes. It might be a few days, it might be a few months. So I'm leaving this here as a placeholder.

Added: I wish I didn't have so many holes in my soul, because whatever joy I might take in anything is getting sucked out through those holes. But it is how it is for now. I will be "strong" (as everyone tells me I am, maybe as a way of satisfying themselves that I don't really need their help, even if I'm asking) and keep on swimming, but there's no joy in it right now.

I hope some time in the future there is joy. I hope this is not permanent.

3 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

I'll be here when you come back

Roger Owen Green said...

That said, it is the writing that got me through, e.g., my mother's death in 2011. And the suckiness that was my job by the time I retired in June.

TTR said...

How will we know how you are keeping?