Monday, April 01, 2019

well, at least

At least my Gachapon crate came today:

Yes, I know, I kinda look like Hell right now, my eyes are all puffy and red, but I don't really care. I will stick a couple spoons in the freezer in a  minute and try lying down with them over my eyes before Bell Choir so hopefully I don't look so miserable.

I'm not even hesitating opening this; I need something that might bring a little cheer.




This is what it looks like on the inside. Yes, I know, a shocking amount of waste there in between the shredded paper to cushion it and the little plastic "eggs" (and it's increasingly hard to recycle plastic, and I guess it all gets shipped overseas for that anyway, which seems even more wasteful to me).

But then again: I don't jet off places, and I don't even drive all that much, and I don't eat much meat and I haven't produced a kid....

(But yes, I often feel like I have to justify myself to everyone. Especially today, especially after what happened earlier. I wish sometimes I was just 100% understood and accepted without having to explain)

On the Twitter feed, they promised us a Shiba-themed "terrarium" (not a real terrarium) so we'll see..

First item: a Sailor Moon-themed pouch. I don't know. They send a lot of these little things and I kind of have all the "tool carriers for knitting bags" I need. (If you're a particular fan of Sailor Moon, hit me up, I'd be willing to part with it. I think it's vinyl/fabric like plastic)

Okay, this is the sort of weird little thing that is the reason I originally subscribed...it's a budgie but also a mushroom. A budgieshroom? I'll have to look at the flier that came with it to see what's up with it.

I can't open the third one - which may be the Shiba one - because my nails are all trashed and I don't have a scissors handy, and it's shrinkwrapped.


Some kind of weird rubbery sushi roll. When you squeeze it the center squishes out. I don't know if that's intentional. It looks a little gross and yes, I am ALMOST smiling in that shot because it is kind of amusing, so I guess the Gachapon crate is working.

Some kind of cloth panel with what I assume is a story on it (I do not read Japanese). It's kind of interesting. Thin cotton, not hemmed....I could see incorporating it in a quilt, it is about that weight, or using it on a pillow. I hope the booklet has a translation in it. (I don't know anyone who can read Japanese - and I don't know if this is kanji or katakana)

The Disembodied Head of Pikachu. I presume this is going to have the other bits on the inside, and you assemble it. (Again, I have to look at the booklet).

And finally, let me get my scissors:

I got the winter one. I left the lid off because that silly little snowman won't stay standing up (the don't attach to the base but maybe I get a little blue-tak to stick them down so they don't fall over).

And here's Finished Pikachu, it was one of those "the other body parts are inside and you put it together":

Confession: I wish sometimes I could zap people like Pikachu can, when they bother me or are rude to me.





1 comment:

Barn Owl said...

A Shiba terrarium? What is this madness? Too cute!!

I think the printed cloths are meant to be hand towels - at least the ones I bought in Japan are. The one I kept for myself has two Hokkaido puppies in a bamboo forest, looking at a snail. My mom turned it into a wall hanging; there's wasn't much leeway for a hem, but she managed to sew some ribbons to the top edge, such that it can be hung from a thin wooden dowel. I can take a photo of it if you like. I wouldn't ever use it as a hand towel ... that just seems wrong when the image is so enchanting.