Saturday, March 09, 2019

And something different

So one of my "mutuals" on twitter reposted a tweet from Cher, where apparently she was doing some kind of "modest proposal" thing about cancelling men's access to (among other things) Rogaine, and...well, I get it was a "modest proposal" but Cher is one of these people who tweets IN ALL CAPS and so it sort of has that "old person yells at clouds" sense to it, and my response was

"We are living in the Age of Hyperbole" and of course a neuron fired in my brain, and so I had to rewrite the first part of the song...


When the tweets are in the Hot-take House
And celebrity aligns with politics
Then WTH will drive the planets
And weird will steer the stars
This is the dawning of the age of hyperbole
Age of Hyperbole
Hyperbole
Hyperbole
angst and misunderstanding
confusion and mistrust abounding
plenty of falsehoods or derisions
crappy nightmare realization
Dumpster fire revelation
And the id's true liberation
Hyperbole
Hyperbole
 


Not sure what to do with the second part, the "Let the Sunshine In" part, but....maybe someone else can think of that.

But yeah. I also said earlier today that I thought "talking past each other" would spell our doom almost as much as outright malice, and I also stand by that.

No comments: