Saturday, February 23, 2019

"Day out 2"

Electric boogaloo?

Yeah, I got what I needed to do for Monday (evaluating a bunch of scholarship applications, writing an exam and a quiz, doing a bunch of grading) done yesterday afternoon, so I am now free. Also there is no need for me to be on campus (and parking will be a challenge with four recruitment events taking place). I am telling myself i have done my bit for recruitment (that was the evaluating scholarship stuff) so I don't need to go up there. (Also no one told me I needed to be there*)

(*Yes, I still feel sort of guilty even as I know at least one of my colleagues totally sloped off of doing anything related to this)

And the rain stopped, and the wind seems not to have started yet...so I think I will run off to the Sherman yarn shop and maybe the antique shop, and plan on lunch out and a trip to the Kroger's. My only slight apprehension is that apparently downtown Sherman is doing some pre-Mardi-Gras thing and I bet parking won't be fun, and I don't know where the "other" free parking (other than around the courthouse square is....so I best go in the next few minutes to get down there just as places are opening.

But yeah. I guess I am having a better birthday than some years...got some unexpected presents (also my mom said she sent me something else, because I "needed a present to open on [my] birthday" in addition to the cutting mat I already have.And I have tentative plans for my birthday night to get some kind of good carry out meal - so I don't have to cook. (No, I don't have anyone to go out with and go GET a meal, which would be my first choice - to actually go to a restaurant with a person or people to talk to while eating dinner. But since I don't, I might as well get the food and bring it back here and eat while listening to music I want to listen to.)


1 comment:

Joan said...

https://goo.gl/images/vkF8o5

Happy, happy birthday Erica 🎂

Thank you for your steadfast blogging.