Tuesday, November 13, 2018

A Time Out

I got my exam for next week written, as well as doing most of the catch-up grading.

So I've decided, given the sheer number of meetings and other things I've had this weekend (and yesterday) (and will have tomorrow), I'm taking a time out this afternoon: After I do the quiz-and-review in the one class I have for today, I am going to go home, have lunch at home (taking as long as I need, and I may even stop by Pruett's on my way home to see if there are any nice small additions I can make to my lunch from their deli or quick-foods section).

And then I'm going to run a couple of errands I need to.

And then I'm going back home and staying home.

And taking a nice long warm shower and washing my hair, and maybe putting pajamas on early, and putting my feet up and turning my tree lights on and just being HOME for a change. I feel like I don't get enough home-time these days. Maybe play piano a little.

I want to finish the first mitt of the pair and then start the first one of the *gift* pair....I've already decided that size 1 1/2 needles will be better, so I dug those out and can get started. Not sure I will finish these before Friday (in fact, it's almost certain I won't) but I can take them with me, and also, I have better than a week after I get back to finish them. (And last week of the month: so zero evening meetings).

I might take more photos of the tree and the other decorations I have out. And I have one more thing I could put out - the lighted garland rope I sometimes put over the big front window. It's kind of an effort to put up, but it's nice to have...

(Most of my decorating is confined to the living room but really that's where I spend almost all of my time at home when I'm awake).

I saw somewhere else someone saying they were going to curtail their reading of "complaining blogs" and I feel slightly bad and called out about it and I know I've complained a lot on here recently. It's been a hard semester in a lot of ways and stuff has felt overwhelming, and also I don't knit or quilt nearly as much as I used to - so I feel like I have little to talk about other than work.

I'll try to be better :(

I don't know if I'll have any "embargoed posts" over break; at this point I'm not sure I'll have time to write any (or anything much to write about) so things might just go quiet for a while next week.

No comments: