Friday, August 17, 2018

And it's Friday

* I don't expect a call from my mom before midafternoon. I am taking no call as evidence that things are progressing as they should. (He is supposed to be extubated this morning and I hope that happens and all goes well).

* It now seems kind of unreal to me. I will admit I walked around for a few minutes yesterday afternoon after the call wondering "Is something weird and impossible gonna happen, and then I wake up and go "Oh thank God, it was just a dream"" but no, that didn't happen.

* Ironically, I had one night without bad dreams last night. The only dream I remember is building a weird and elaborate "fairy tale castle" style dollhouse.

* I can tell my tolerance for stupid-human-behavior is low based on my watching local news this morning. I have departmental meeting this morning and have already found out someone will be Skyping in to it which tells me to anticipate technical problems. My chair does know about the situation (I sent her a "I don't know what I will need to do if I need to get to Illinois in a hurry before classes start" e-mail last night) so I suspect if anyone says/does anything that gets too far under my skin, and I get up and excuse myself, she will know what's going on.

* Though I will say before I went to sleep last night, I did take some comfort from the fact that a whole group of people I know - ranging from Roman Catholic to neo-pagan - are praying or doing whatever they do to tap into what ever kind of universal energy exists to help. (Probably the biggest group of people is Disciples of Christ, likely followed by Catholics - I have several friends who are - and then the other various groups).

I'm hoping of course for a good outcome but it's never that great when someone's in ICU. The fact that he seemed pretty much OK Wednesday night but was not Thursday morning gives me some hope that it was caught very early.

No comments: