Tuesday, July 24, 2018

what a day

I feel like I got nothing done, but I guess I did:

1. Called in to arrange for a refill of one of my prescriptions (this is convoluted because I have to call the pharmacy, they have to call my doctor, she has to give the OK, then they have to fill it. I'm not even going to try to pick them up before tomorrow, and if everything goes pear-shaped, I have enough to last me until Monday, so....being out of town Friday and Saturday won't mean there's a problem).

2. Wrote four and a half pages (in fourteen point font, though) of a "devotional" for Sunday that I HOPE is good enough. I'll probably revise it tomorrow and Thursday and maybe try to do a practice run Thursday to get a feeling for time and so I don't have anything that sounds good on the page but which is clunky when said.

3. Obtained the new book for the intro bio class (and I hate the book already), updated chapters 1 and 2....so, like, maybe the first three weeks of class? I will have to do more tomorrow. And I have next week, and the week after that....and then it's All Meetings, All the Time, and then classes start.

and other than that....well, I need to do more piano practice this afternoon, and figure out some kind of dinner, and get over being sad over there being no fun mail today or yesterday, and probably pay a couple of bills, and I don't know what else....

I do want to put the face and cutie mark on Heartthrob today, if I can work up the energy after dinner. I got all the pieces put together of her body, and her mane and tail on last night. But, yeah. Feeling kind of tired and sad and I'm sure it's linked to fighting with the new textbook and also worrying about the sudden new responsibility I have for Sunday. (please please please God let the stone have passed and let him be fine so I don't have to....). And it doesn't help that it's really still too hot (and hot in my office; I have the little fan turned on me to move some air) and I'm hearing people's vacation/conference trip reports and I haven't even been out of town for like a month, and.....I kind of want to put my head down on my desk and cry, but I know that wouldn't help anything and also there's no one to say anything that would make me feel better, so.

No comments: