Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Trying for cool

Man, it was hot today. It seemed hotter than it's been.

I did one productive thing: went out and got the annual screening mammogram. I don't find these so terrible (I have never had a bad result, so I have no anxiety there, it's not an "invasive" test, I don't have pain from it though some women do. Honestly, the worst thing for me is the tiny dressing/waiting room on the mobile unit - it's totally enclosed (no windows of course) and it's like 2 1/2 by 5 feet and it makes ALL my claustrophobia come out; I was glad when the tech called me in for the process).

I was going to go back to school and read more but between the diesel fumes from the mobile unit and the blacktopping fumes (it was parked in a newly-refinished parking lot), I felt slightly ill so I went back home and mostly just faffed. I did get some laundry done and got a 35 minute workout in (Before giving up; I am trying to bring it up to 45 minutes but the hottest time of the year is not the time to be attempting that, I think). Changed the sheets on my bed (I had kicked them all over the place last night during my bad dream and anyway it was time) and took a cool shower and I feel some better now.

My July Doki Doki crate came today. I contemplated saving it to ACTUAL July but I decided I didn't want to. (Anyway, either Friday or Saturday I will have the yarn shop to look forward to, and I am definitely taking July 4 off - probably just staying home and watching old movies and knitting - so I don't feel like I need to "save" it as a treat).

The theme of this one is "Shooting Star." Alas, it looks like there is no plushie in this one either. (Maybe the typical audience for these doesn't want those as much? I don't know. I would like more plushies but maybe I'm unusual.)

"Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon" notebook. I actually use these - I filled up a Hello Kitty one with my daily blood pressure logs, and now I'm on a Sumikko Gurashi one that came in a past crate. I'll put this one aside for when I fill up that one. Or if I need to keep notes on what I need to do (I should start doing that again, making to-do lists; sometimes my mind these days is a bit more sievelike than I would ideally like).

Everything in this box is very pale pastel and doesn't photograph well. This is a Little Twin Stars (a Sanrio property) pump dispenser. It doesn't QUITE match my bathroom but I might use it for hand soap in there. (If I didn't think it would disappear I'd take it over to school to go in my prep room for washing-up liquid).

Oh hey, a Kirby Lunch bento box sort of thing. This might be my favorite item in the box - I can use it in the fall when I start carrying lunches again, I can carry grapes or cheese or whatever in it. (I also have a My Little Pony plastic box that is bigger and I often use it for grapes or other fresh fruit.

More Little Twin Stars, this time a coin purse sort of thing (with a zip instead of a clasp). This will probably become a "knitting tool carryall" in one of my knitting bags.
No, this is my favorite thing. It's a glass bell shaped windchime. It's pretty - it has koi fish on it - and it makes a pretty sound. (I will have to figure out some secure way to hang it up in my house, where I can enjoy it more of the time, and also it will be less likely to get broken than outside). This is, the little booklet says, a think for the Tanabata Fesival and people often write wishes on the paper that is on the chime. (I don't think I will).








No comments: